25 August 2013

First Impression: Gin no Saji: Silver Spoon

The only reason I'm excited as fuck for this show is because it's produced by A-1 Pictures. I hope this show can somewhat compensate for what is lacking in Servant x Service. On top of that, this is the only show that is featured in noitaminA for this season. That should be a good sign, isn't it?

My first impression was Moyashimon. That's what this show reminds me of during the first few seconds what with the agriculture theme going on. However, it is in my opinion, more enjoyable. Or maybe I'm just biased as fuck because it's my favorite studio that is producing it XD

err... yeah, don't asked about the fanart. I just thought Hachiken looks cute as a trap
Anyhoo, it's about Hachiken who enrolled to a agriculture school just because it's a boarding school and doesn't want to go home. The other students have either ambition that has something to do with agriculture or simply taking over their family business. He has zero knowledge on agriculture and expected to ace the normal subject. I LOL'd when he called the others dumb but when they started to talk about science, he was left eon's behind.

Seemingly Hachiken has trouble adapting to farm life especially when he has problem eating an egg when he found out that it comes from the anus (technically it's called cloaca). However, it seems like the farm life suits him best. He has four team members that are pretty helpful too.

I love the comedic part and the plot is definitely something that most of us aren't familiar with, unless of course if you are into agriculture. I think it's fresh and appreciate the fact that they weren't pretentious about it. It showed how hard the farmers/agriculture people work for us to get all the food on our table.

Thank you A-1 Pictures for fulfilling my expectation for this show. I enjoy it a lot and this one is going to stay in my must watch list.

Episode: 11
Aired: Summer 2013
Producers: A-1 Pictures

arts & animation 8/10
story 9/10
characters 8/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 8.6/10


1 comments:

Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...